This program was created for those who wish to become professional 3D artists, modellers or animators in the video game industry. Throughout this program, students will have the chance to use state-of-the-art software, explore virtual reality and work in teams to create their own game during a semester dedicated to replicate the industry’s reality. They will also learn to create, edit and implement different types of animation such as characters, scenery and moving or 3D images, and to model different game elements, among others skills. At the end of the semester, they will present the game to a jury of gaming industry professionals. Softwares: 3ds Max, ZBrush, Photoshop, UDK
Total Duration: 4 Semesters (2 years)
Total Hour: 1,410 Hours
Tuition fee: 9,420.25 C$/ Semester
Application Fee: 50 C$
Eighteen (18) years of age or older
High School Diploma (Equivalent to Grade 12)
The language test is required:
- For the Direct Admission: Candidates are required to present a valid IELTS test result with an overall band score of 6.0 with writing skill of 6.5 and other components not below 6.0
- For the Conditional Admission (Pathway): If the candidate doesn't have an IELTS test result or if his/her IELTS test result doesn't meet the requirements of the Direct Admission, he/she can apply at least for six months of English Language Program and pay 50% of the tuition fee to get a conditional admission. Candidates might require to complete a Springboard course for one semester prior to starting their programs.
- Your birth certificate (original or certified copy with the original stamp on your document)
- High school transcripts and High School Diploma from the Ministry of Education of your province/ country
- Copy of university diploma and transcripts, (if any)
- Copy of the ID page of your Passport
- Language test result
This important stage can be done either by yourself or an Immigration Lawyer (or an ICCRC Member). In both ways, STAR can help you out!
Certificate of Acceptance of Quebec (CAQ): Required
Study Permit: Required
* Note: All documents must be translated in English or French
Once you have obtained your diploma, you will have the skills needed to hold a position in video game design, management or production. You will be able to become part of a video game creation team as an animator, modeller, texture artist or 2D/3D artist.
3D CREATION FOR VIDEO GAMES