The desire to take advantage of gathering data to drive business marketing and strategic decision making has led to massive job opportunities for Big Data developers. It is because that storing, analyzing and mining data has become a new challenge. Most of the companies are looking for individuals that have a good understanding of Big Data challenges and ways/tools to overcome these.
This course provides information/experience on how to analyze a problem in Big Data atmosphere, what are the solutions, and how to use these solutions.
You will learn:
In this course, we learn what is Big Data and challenges, most popular technology stacks such as HDFS, YARN, MapReduce, Impala, Hive, HBase, Kafka, Zookeeper, and etc. and how to develop applications in this stack using Java programming language.
Total Duration: 12 months
Tuition fee: C$ 13,500 / Year
Application Fee: C$ 250
Eighteen (18) years of age or older
- Secondary V or post-secondary education
- One (1) year of full-time employment or experience working with data warehouses or databases (prerequisite training also available).
- English language proficiency IELTS/TOEFL test results
- Your educational documents (transcript/ diploma /secondary education)
- Passport copies (ID Page)
- Birth certificate
- English language proficiency IELTS/TOEFL test results (a minimum overall band score of 6.5 is required with a minimum score of 6.0 in each component of the academic (NOT the general IELTS test.*)- Please check the Admission section for the language examination waivers.
- Application form
- Resume /work experience
This important stage can be done either by yourself or by an Immigration Lawyer (or an ICCRC Member). In both ways, STAR can help you out!
Certificate of Acceptance of Quebec (CAQ): Required
Study Permit: Required
* Note: All documents must be translated in English.
- Java and GIT
- SQL & Relational Database
- Hadoop Developer
- Map-Reduce, coding patterns
- Hive, Impala, HBase, Pig
- Streaming with Kafka and Flume
- Spark, Spark RDD, Spark SQL, and Spark Streaming
- Financial Reporting Analyst
Business Intelligence & Reporting Analyst – Big data Developer