There's a whole new world waiting for you… Are you an avid gamer? Do you wish you understood the technological operating mechanisms behind a video game? Combine passion and work by becoming a key player in the video game industry.
Developed in collaboration with studios ranked among the global leaders in video game creation and editing, the Computer Science Technology program, with the Video Game Programming specialization, will enable you to acquire the knowledge necessary to secure a choice position in the industry.
Thanks to the video game programming option, you will shape the world and be your own hero. At the end of your studies, you will be able to contribute to the design of a Triple-A game, join a multidisciplinary team from an independent studio, produce a mobile app and even launch your own game.
With the help of programming tools greatly used by the industry, this program will allow you to master the fundamental concepts of video game programming, grow your creativity and your communication skills related to the gaming world and work with different players of the industry to integrate a multidisciplinary team.
A major hub of the video game industry, Montreal is the perfect place to immerse yourself in this booming domain.
Total Duration: 6 semesters (3 years)
Total Hour: 2,640 Hours
Tuition fee: 8,527 C$/ Semester
Application Fee: 50 C$
Eighteen (18) years of age or older
High School Diploma (Equivalent to Grade 12)
The language test is required:
- For the Direct Admission: Candidates are required to present a valid IELTS test result with an overall band score of 6.0 with writing skill of 6.5 and other components not below 6.0
- For the Conditional Admission (Pathway): If the candidate doesn't have an IELTS test result or if his/her IELTS test result doesn't meet the requirements of the Direct Admission, he/she can apply at least for six months of English Language Program and pay 50% of the tuition fee to get a conditional admission. Candidates might require to complete a Springboard course for one semester prior to starting their programs.
- Your birth certificate (original or certified copy with the original stamp on your document)
- High school transcripts and High School Diploma from the Ministry of Education of your province/ country
- Copy of university diploma and transcripts, (if any)
- Copy of the ID page of your Passport
- Language test result
This important stage can be done either by yourself or an Immigration Lawyer (or an ICCRC Member). In both ways, STAR can help you out!
Certificate of Acceptance of Quebec (CAQ): Required
Study Permit: Required
* Note: All documents must be translated in English or French
- Video game developer
- Application analyst
- Database administrator
- Computer science technician
Computer Science Technology - Video Game Programming