With a core curriculum of study, the Food Service Management program opens the door to a wider array of careers in Quebec, Canada or abroad.This program in unique in Quebec.
This program focuses on the essential knowledge of food service and catering. . Teachers from the industry provide all the keys to success to enter into the labor market. The program also offers an internship, participation in several events plus practical experience including: service in le Fuchsia restaurant dining room.
Students in this program may participate in the Job Fair organized by the International School of Hotel Management and Tourism, and eventually find a job in the industry.
Total Duration: 6 Semesters (3 years)
Total Hour: 2,130 Hours
Tuition fee: 9,358.60 C$/ Semester
Application Fee: 50 C$
Eighteen (18) years of age or older
High School Diploma (Equivalent to Grade 12)
The language test is required:
- For the Direct Admission: Candidates are required to present a valid IELTS test result with an overall band score of 6.0 with writing skill of 6.5 and other components not below 6.0
- For the Conditional Admission (Pathway): If the candidate doesn't have an IELTS test result or if his/her IELTS test result doesn't meet the requirements of the Direct Admission, he/she can apply at least for six months of English Language Program and pay 50% of the tuition fee to get a conditional admission. Candidates might require to complete a Springboard course for one semester prior to starting their programs.
- Your birth certificate (original or certified copy with the original stamp on your document)
- High school transcripts and High School Diploma from the Ministry of Education of your province/ country
- Copy of university diploma and transcripts, (if any)
- Copy of the ID page of your Passport
- Language test result
This important stage can be done either by yourself or an Immigration Lawyer (or an ICCRC Member). In both ways, STAR can help you out!
Certificate of Acceptance of Quebec (CAQ): Required
Study Permit: Required
* Note: All documents must be translated in English or French
- Maître D' or foodservice and catering supervisor
- Director of banquets, catering and or bars
- Manager or owner of a food service establishment
Food Service Management