Mathematics is the language of the sciences, a language which allows scientists to quantify, model, understand and predict behaviour in an enormously diverse range of phenomena of interest. Simultaneously, Mathematics is often regarded as an art, as it is the creative study of patterns and of problem solving. Mathematics covers a wide range of disciplines including, algebra, analysis, combinatorics and discrete mathematics, and differential equations. In first year courses, mathematics students are joined by other science students, particularly from Physics and Computer Science. In the advanced courses, classes are very small, and some are given on an individual or tutorial basis.
Total Duration: 8 Semesters (4 years)
Tuition fee: 18,300 C$/ Year
Application Fee: 100 C$
Eighteen (18) years of age or older
High School Diploma with Minimum CGPA 75%
Proof of English proficiency (Minimum IELTS overall band score: 6.5 - TOEFL IBT: 90)
- Copy of high school transcript, including mid-term course grades if available
- Copy of personal identification document(s).
This important stage can be done either by yourself or an Immigration Lawyer (or an ICCRC Member). In both ways, STAR can help you out!
Certificate of Acceptance of Quebec (CAQ): Required
Study Permit: Required
* Note: All documents must be translated in English or French
- Possibility of combining mathematics major with another major without extending length of degree.
- Independent studies courses delivered to honour students according to their research interests.
- Many work/experience opportunities through undergraduate summer research, peer tutoring or the math-stats help center.