At Bishop’s the programs and courses are constantly being redesigned and updated, allowing students to realize their full potential as musicians or perhaps discover music’s power for the first time in an ever-changing, ever-shrinking artistic world. In an effort to meet the demands of music in the 21st century, students at Bishop’s have the choice of pursuing studies in two different disciplines: traditional Classical Music or the field of Popular Music Studies (Jazz, Rock & Pop). Interdisciplinary programs include degrees in Arts Administration with a concentration in Music, and a Double Major in Music and Secondary Music Education.
Total Duration: 8 Semesters (4 years)
Tuition fee: 18,300 C$/ Year
Application Fee: 100 C$
Eighteen (18) years of age or older
High School Diploma with Minimum CGPA 75%
Proof of English proficiency (Minimum IELTS overall band score: 6.5 - TOEFL IBT: 90)
- Copy of high school transcript, including mid-term course grades if available
- Copy of personal identification document(s).
This important stage can be done either by yourself or an Immigration Lawyer (or an ICCRC Member). In both ways, STAR can help you out!
Certificate of Acceptance of Quebec (CAQ): Required
Study Permit: Required
* Note: All documents must be translated in English or French
Graduates moved on to exciting careers in the following areas:
- Professional Jazz, Pop and Classical Musicians.
- Music Educators in elementary, secondary and university settings.
- Graduate Students in Musicology and Performance.
- Sound and Recording Engineers.
- Composers and Arrangers.
- Arts Administrators for professional organizations including CBC Radio, TafelMusik, the Montreal Chamber Music and Montreal Jazz Festivals.