The Professional Cooking program (DEP) is designed for creative, independent students with a strong interest in cooking and gastronomy. It’s an excellent way to acquire the skills necessary for a stimulating career.
A certified chef is a valuable, highly sought-after resource for the kitchens of large restaurants, hotels, cruise ships, financial institutions, care centers, and senior’s residences. In the food industry, a qualified head chef is considered to be a measure of business growth and success.
Total Duration: 3 Semesters (1.5 years)
Total Hour: 1,470 Hours
Tuition fee: 9,255 C$/ Semester
Application Fee: 50 C$
Eighteen (18) years of age or older
High School Diploma (Equivalent to Grade 12)
The language test is required:
- For the Direct Admission: Candidates are required to present a valid IELTS test result with an overall band score of 6.0 with writing skill of 6.5 and other components not below 6.0
- For the Conditional Admission (Pathway): If the candidate doesn't have an IELTS test result or if his/her IELTS test result doesn't meet the requirements of the Direct Admission, he/she can apply at least for six months of English Language Program and pay 50% of the tuition fee to get a conditional admission. Candidates might require to complete a Springboard course for one semester prior to starting their programs.
- Your birth certificate (original or certified copy with the original stamp on your document)
- High school transcripts and High School Diploma from the Ministry of Education of your province/ country
- Copy of university diploma and transcripts, (if any)
- Copy of the ID page of your Passport
- Language test result
This important stage can be done either by yourself or an Immigration Lawyer (or an ICCRC Member). In both ways, STAR can help you out!
Certificate of Acceptance of Quebec (CAQ): Required
Study Permit: Required
* Note: All documents must be translated in English or French
- Chef de partie
- Future head chef
- Institutional cooking (hospital, CLSC, etc.)
- Grill cook