The Religion Department is a community of students and faculty engaged in the exploration of religion: the different ways faith is expressed and practiced, the historical and cultural contexts of religions and their texts, as well as the interconnections between religion and other areas of human life — philosophical thought, the psychological, social, political, and economic dimensions, and the presence of religion and religious symbols in literature and fine arts, etc. To encourage creative and independent thinking, we emphasize the study of primary texts, rather than simply reading what other people have written about those texts.
Total Duration: 8 Semesters (4 years)
Tuition fee: 16,375 C$/ Year
Application Fee: 100 C$
Eighteen (18) years of age or older
High School Diploma with Minimum CGPA 75%
Proof of English proficiency (Minimum IELTS overall band score: 6.5 - TOEFL IBT: 90)
- Copy of high school transcript, including mid-term course grades if available
- Copy of personal identification document(s).
This important stage can be done either by yourself or an Immigration Lawyer (or an ICCRC Member). In both ways, STAR can help you out!
Certificate of Acceptance of Quebec (CAQ): Required
Study Permit: Required
* Note: All documents must be translated in English or French
Religion graduated have pursued careers in:
- Museum curatorship
- Library science
- Teaching at the primary and secondary level
- Teaching at the university level
- Pastoral roles
- Foreign and domestic community outreach and service