The Social Sciences: Individual and Society DEC program is designed to prepare students for a wide spectrum of university programs by exposing them to diverse disciplinary perspectives on humankind and our world. In doing so, students will develop their scientific curiosity as well as the rigorous learning strategies necessary to succeed in their university studies.
The program allows students to acquire a solid education focusing on the human being, through subjects such as biology and sociology, with a particular emphasis on psychology. Opening the door to many university programs, the individual and society profile allows students to identify, analyze and deepen their knowledge of the fundamentals of psychology while examining contemporary social issues of local and international importance.
The program is subdivided into three profiles: global vision, international studies, and individual and society. The first allows students to acquire a solid social science education with a focus on international realities; the second consists of a general education program that introduces students to the fundamental principles of management, along with the prerequisite mathematics courses needed for several university profiles; and finally, the third profile satisfies the prerequisites for university psychology and educational psychology programs.
Total Duration: 4 semesters (2 years)
Total Hour: 1,356 Hours
Tuition fee: 7,258.50 C$/ Semester
Application Fee: 50 C$
Eighteen (18) years of age or older
High School Diploma (Equivalent to Grade 12)
The language test is required:
- For the Direct Admission: Candidates are required to present a valid IELTS test result with an overall band score of 6.0 with writing skill of 6.5 and other components not below 6.0
- For the Conditional Admission (Pathway): If the candidate doesn't have an IELTS test result or if his/her IELTS test result doesn't meet the requirements of the Direct Admission, he/she can apply at least for six months of English Language Program and pay 50% of the tuition fee to get a conditional admission. Candidates might require to complete a Springboard course for one semester prior to starting their programs.
- Your birth certificate (original or certified copy with the original stamp on your document)
- High school transcripts and High School Diploma from the Ministry of Education of your province/ country
- Copy of university diploma and transcripts, (if any)
- Copy of the ID page of your Passport
- Language test result
This important stage can be done either by yourself or an Immigration Lawyer (or an ICCRC Member). In both ways, STAR can help you out!
Certificate of Acceptance of Quebec (CAQ): Required
Study Permit: Required
see visa requirements
* Note: All documents must be translated in either English or French
- Political science
- International relations
- Athletics management
- Industrial and interior design
- Human resources
- International studies
- International and public relations
Social Sciences : Individual and Society