The Social Sciences: International Studies DEC program prepares students for a wide spectrum of university programs by exposing them to various disciplinary perspectives on humankind and our world. This program allows students to acquire a general education that includes an emphasis on quantitative abilities and an introduction to basic principles in economics and business. LaSalle College encourages continuous exchange of know-how and expertise between its schools, its affiliates abroad and the world of business. This program focuses on intercultural education and responsible citizenship.
The program has three profiles: Global Vision, International Studies, and Individual and Society. The first focuses on a solid social science education with a focus on international realities; the second consists of an introduction to the fundamental principles of management and mathematics; and the third comprises prerequisites for psychology and educational psychology programs in universities.
Total Duration: 4 semesters (2 years)
Total Hour: 1,356 Hours
Tuition fee: 7,258.50 C$/ Semester
Application Fee: 50 C$
Eighteen (18) years of age or older
High School Diploma (Equivalent to Grade 12)
The language test is required:
- For the Direct Admission: Candidates are required to present a valid IELTS test result with an overall band score of 6.0 with writing skill of 6.5 and other components not below 6.0
- For the Conditional Admission (Pathway): If the candidate doesn't have an IELTS test result or if his/her IELTS test result doesn't meet the requirements of the Direct Admission, he/she can apply at least for six months of English Language Program and pay 50% of the tuition fee to get a conditional admission. Candidates might require to complete a Springboard course for one semester prior to starting their programs.
- Your birth certificate (original or certified copy with the original stamp on your document)
- High school transcripts and High School Diploma from the Ministry of Education of your province/ country
- Copy of university diploma and transcripts, (if any)
- Copy of the ID page of your Passport
- Language test result
This important stage can be done either by yourself or an Immigration Lawyer (or an ICCRC Member). In both ways, STAR can help you out!
Certificate of Acceptance of Quebec (CAQ): Required
Study Permit: Required
* Note: All documents must be translated in English or French
- Political science
- International relations
- Athletics management
- Industrial and interior design
- Human resources
- International studies
- International and public relations
Social Sciences: International Studies