The Department provides students with theoretical and methodological tools and substantive insights which can assist them in understanding social life, social organization, and action. Our programmes are designed to provide students with a broad intellectual and sociological background which will help prepare them for a variety of careers and for advanced study at graduate school. The small size of our programme and the dedication of our faculty, allow us to provide personal attention to students and extensive access to faculty. Having relatively few requirements (seven courses in the Major), we allow students substantial flexibility in meeting individual intellectual pursuits.
Total Duration: 8 Semesters (4 years)
Tuition fee: 16,375 C$/ Year
Application Fee: 100 C$
Eighteen (18) years of age or older
High School Diploma with Minimum CGPA 75%
Proof of English proficiency (Minimum IELTS overall band score: 6.5 - TOEFL IBT: 90)
- Copy of high school transcript, including mid-term course grades if available
- Copy of personal identification document(s).
This important stage can be done either by yourself or an Immigration Lawyer (or an ICCRC Member). In both ways, STAR can help you out!
Certificate of Acceptance of Quebec (CAQ): Required
Study Permit: Required
* Note: All documents must be translated in English or French
Careers & Graduates
The graduates are involved in many careers, such as:
- Graduate School in Sociology and Related Fields
- Careers in Gerontology
- Careers in Management and Business
- Careers in Communications, Media and Journalism
- Careers in Law, Corrections, and Law Enforcement
- Careers in Health and Social Services
- Careers in Public and International Service