With a core curriculum of studies, the Tourism Techniques program with a specialization in Development and Promotion of Travel Products (travel, hospitality, attractions, destinations, hotels, restaurants, etc) opens the doors to a wider array of careers in Quebec, Canada or abroad.
This program focuses on the essential knowledge of tourism management. Teachers experienced in the industry provide their know-how and the key to success in entering the labor market. The program opens the doors to a variety of positions in development and promotion.
Students in this program may participate in the Job Fair organized by the International School of Hotel Management and Tourism, and eventually find a job in the industry.
Total Duration: 6 semesters (3 years)
Total Hour: 1,860 Hours
Tuition fee: 8,124.50 C$/ Semester
Application Fee: 50 C$
Eighteen (18) years of age or older
High School Diploma (Equivalent to Grade 12)
The language test is required:
- For the Direct Admission: Candidates are required to present a valid IELTS test result with an overall band score of 6.0 with writing skill of 6.5 and other components not below 6.0
- For the Conditional Admission (Pathway): If the candidate doesn't have an IELTS test result or if his/her IELTS test result doesn't meet the requirements of the Direct Admission, he/she can apply at least for six months of English Language Program and pay 50% of the tuition fee to get a conditional admission. Candidates might require to complete a Springboard course for one semester prior to starting their programs.
- Your birth certificate (original or certified copy with the original stamp on your document)
- High school transcripts and High School Diploma from the Ministry of Education of your province/ country
- Copy of university diploma and transcripts, (if any)
- Copy of the ID page of your Passport
- Language test result
This important stage can be done either by yourself or an Immigration Lawyer (or an ICCRC Member). In both ways, STAR can help you out!
Certificate of Acceptance of Quebec (CAQ): Required
Study Permit: Required
* Note: All documents must be translated in English or French
- Development and promotion of travel products, tourist attractions and destinations.
- Tourism and travel representatives in Quebec and abroad
- Festival and event coordinator, meeting and special events planner
Tourism Techniques, Specialization in Development and Promotion of Travel